Studio Portrait Photographer / Viewer / Editor
(Competitive salary and benefits to be negotiated relative to experience)
Full time 5 days per week (including at least one weekend day and some evening shifts)
Bartley Studios are an independent business which specialises in high-quality family portraits. We are an industry-leading portrait photography studio. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, growing team.
Overview of the role
Once fully trained, you will be taking portraits of a wide range of families and age groups from babies to grandparents and often also including the family pet! The aim is to give the customer an exceptional, fun and memorable experience with an outstanding ‘high end’ customer service from start to finish; delivering high-quality photography, products and aftercare, in equal measure.
In addition to the core photographer elements above, this role includes a diverse range of responsibilities as when you’re not conducting portrait shoots, you will be doing various other activities (depending on your skills and experience) such as:-
- Viewings – where you will personally showcase and sell the framed products to suit each customer’s home, style and budget.
- Editing presentation shows ready for viewings in Lightroom / Photoshop
- Marketing events and promotions.
The role is very diverse, creative and rewarding and the studio and team environment is second to none. We are looking for someone very special, who is prepared to prove themselves, with a can-do attitude, to do whatever it takes to succeed. For the right candidate, this role has plenty of potential to develop within our growing business.
Essential candidate requirements
- Highly creative with a good technical understanding of studio flash, lighting techniques and flattering posing.
- Good understanding and demonstrable skills with Adobe Photoshop.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills – must have a contagious, friendly, welcoming personality.
- Be confident, well presented, highly motivated and have the potential to be good at ‘Viewings’ (sales) with the right training, provided by us.
- Hard-working, dedicated and have determination and self-motivation in abundance.
- Good level of fitness – as there is a lot of running around the studio in order to make kids laugh and get the best shots!
- Qualified to diploma or degree level in Photography, Art or Design.
- A demonstratable portfolio showing previous experience with portraiture (preferably studio based) that either shows this or shows the potential (good eye, composition, creative flair, technical skills)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must live locally (Cheshire/Manchester/Liverpool area) or within approx. 30 minutes commute to our studio (and preferably be a car owner)
We would love someone who already has all the relevant experience and ticks all the boxes above, but we are open-minded and will be looking for potential ability with proven past experience.
How to apply
If all the above sounds like the perfect role for you and you could see yourself as part of our growing successful team, we would love to hear from you. . .
IMPORTANT (Essential info for your application to be considered*)
Due to the expected high interest and volume of applications in this position, we will only consider and respond to fully completed applications, who answer all the questions within a bespoke covering letter for this job as outlined below. (We will ignore incomplete applications sent without these considerations or essential criteria being met).
Please send us a bespoke covering letter specifically outlining the following: –
- Why our role specifically appeals to you
- Why you believe that you are the candidate we are looking for
- What direct experience you have in both photography and customer-facing roles and how you think that will relate to what we are looking for.
Plus please send us your up to date CV, which must have all details of past employment (previous part/full-time jobs etc) and your current address, showing the town where you live. Links or a handful of portfolio examples of your best work would also be preferable when shortlisting candidates.
Please send your application to John Perry the Studio Director by the email address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org